What Is St. Andrew Presbyterian Like?
We are glad you have stopped by our church website. St. Andrew Community Presbyterian Church (PCUSA) is the oldest continually-worshipping community in the Coachella Valley. It was founded by the Presbyterians in Coachella in 1902 and has served the Lord Jesus and this region for over 100 years. We are proud of our long-time heritage.
Our motto is "Rediscover your faith with us!" Our desire and goal is to worship and serve the living God in our neighborhood of Indio, and to share God's love, mercy, grace, and compassion with the world. We are continually seeking the Lord's wisdom in how to be a church of deeper faith and active service. Please join us in our worship of the Living God!
Worship Service is at 9:30 a.m. every Sunday in our Sanctuary. We are glad to have children with us in worship, and we have a "Kid's Corner" in the worship area, and a Family Care Room off the entry hall.
We worship in a traditional style, with familiar hymns and newer songs too. We have a Choir helping to lead each Sunday during the season. Our Pastor brings a contemporary message to help us to focus on the eternal truth of Scripture and to live our faith with depth and joy. We use both bulletins and screens to help lead us in liturgy and song.
After-Worship Potluck: On the last Sunday of the month we host a pot-luck lunch in our Fellowship Hall, and there is always plenty of food to share with everyone! We usually skip them November and December due to the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays.
We offer classes throughout the year on Sunday after worship and on occasional Wednesday evening series. We have studied the Presbyterian Creeds and Confessions, an overview of the Book of Revelations and Ray Vander Laan's "The Path to the Cross." We also have mid-week Bible studies for men and women. On Sunday mornings during the school year we offer Children's Sunday Education during Worship.
We are located at:
- Scott Coulson, Chair of Personnel, Building and Grounds
- Joe Hamner, Outreach and Christian Education
- Thomas Park, Worship and Music
- Sue Steding, Chair of Christian Education, Personnel
- Steve Stiles, Chair of Building and Grounds
- Criss Kiefer, Chair of Worship and Music
- Diana Benitez, Chair of Finance and Stewardship, Building and Grounds
- Carol Kocherhans, Chair of Missions
- Susan McCormick, Chair of Outreach and Fellowship, Finance and Stewardship
- Desiree Coulson, Secretary
- Diane Carter
- Wanda Wise-Latta, Moderator
- Merlyn Hamner
- Valda Jacques
- Diane Burke
- Patti Rosales, Treasurer
- Betty Morgin, Vice Moderator
- Helen Smith
Our Corporate Officers...2017-18
- Joe Hamner, President
- Steve Stiles, Vice President
- Susan McCormick, Secretary
- Scott Coulson, Treasurer